Please read and fill out the enclosed warranty registration card to activate your warranty.
(4) 5/16 x 1 ¼ BOLTS
(4) 5/16 NYLOCK NUTS
(8) 5/16 WASHERS
(4) #10 WASHERS
(4) 10-32 NYLOCK NUTS
1. Place the speaker cloth provided between the speaker and the lockbox and mount your speakers in the speaker boxes. If there are any wire connection plugs or brackets protruding from the side of your speakers be sure not to face them out the bottom of the speaker box. The clearance is very close between the speaker and the Jeep body when the box is mounted.
2. Connect the speaker wires to the speakers. (Consult speaker installation manual for correct wire connections.)
3. Fasten the divider inside the lock-box using (2) 10-32 nuts and washers. There are two different dividers, one for the left side box and one for the right side box. The divider must be lowered into the box at an angle and then rotated into place, see Figure 1.
4. Place the lock-box in the vehicle on the wheel well. The bock of the speaker box should be flush against the plastic seat belt cover. MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS AT LEAST A 2 ½” SPACE BETWEEN THE SPEAKER BOX AND THE JEEP SIDE RAIL.
ATTENTION! IF YOU HAVE A SOFT-TOP: WHILE YOUR HELPER HOLDS THE LOCKBOXES STEADY, MANEUVER YOUR SOFTTOP UP AND DOWN WHILE CHECKING TO MAKE SURE THE SOFT TOP FRAME ASSEMBLY WILL CLEAR THE LOCKBOXES.
5. Mark the spots for drilling the 3/8” holes using the (2) mounting holes in the lock-box as a template.
WARNING! Make sure that there is nothing under the vehicle that will be damaged by the drill bit when drilling.
6. You may wish to remove the plastic wheel well protector to prevent drilling through it. Please note that this is rather difficult. As an alternative, you can drill completely through the wheel well protector.
7. Remove the lock-box, cut the carpet and drill out the (2) marked spots using a 3/8” drill bit.
8. Bolt the lock-box to the vehicle with (2) 5/16 x 1 ¼” bolts, (2) 5/16 nuts, and (4) 5/16 washers. We recommend using a silicone sealant on drilled holes to prevent corrosion. (For security, it is best to insert the bolts from underneath the vehicle)
9. Repeat steps 1 – 8 for the other lock-box.