• These instructions are also available on our website; www.synergymfg.com.
Check the website before you begin for any updated instructions and additional
photos for your reference.
• Refer to the factory service manual for general installation instructions for ball
joints, these are no different, any important differences are noted below.
• A special ball joint C-frame press and adapters are required for installation. OTC
and Miller special tools have quality tools available.
• Lubricate the ball joints at every oil change using Synergy High Performance
Chassis & Bearing Grease (PPM-4119).
• These HD ball joints carry a 12 month unlimited warranty. Available to the
original purchaser from the date of purchase and are non transferable.
1. Remove the boots prior to installation to prevent damage. Do not forget to
reinstall them prior to installing the knuckles
2. Install the ball joints using the factory service manual as a guide. Torque the
lower ball joint nut to 80 ft-lbs, then tighten the upper ball joint nut to 75 ft-lbs.
Further tighten to align the cotter key holes, do not loosen to align the cotter key.
3. Orient the lower ball joint so the grease fitting is pointing forward.
4. Wait until the ball joints are installed to install the grease zerk fittings. You have
two options for the lower ball joint grease zerk: Use the flush style grease zerk
ONLY if you are using RCV axle shafts; you will need a long needle adapter to
grease the lower ball joints. If you are using standard U-joint axle shafts, you can
use the regular grease zerk provided, and a standard grease gun fitting will work.
5. Recheck caster on vehicle after new Balljoints have been installed as worn
balljoints could result in an increase in actual caster due to excessive play.