PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THEIR ENTIRETY BEFORE INSTALLING PRODUCT.
1. If you have a hard top on your vehicle, remove it. (Refer to the factory instructions.) If
you have a soft top on your vehicle, remove it from the front retainer on the windshield
frame. (Refer to the factory instructions.)
2. Remove the bottom bolt on the windshield retaining brackets. The windshield
retaining bracket is the bracket that bolts the windshield frame to the dashboard.
3. Wranglers only: remove existing roll bar pad from main bar to expose head of bolt
holding windshield brace to the main roll bar. Remove the bolt. Gently lower the
windshield frame onto the front hood. (If you have a CJ, skip this step.)
4. Remove the seat belt mounting bolt from the roll bar.
5. Install the new cover. Start with the main bar, then proceed to the two bottom lengths
below the rear braces, then finish with the rear braces. Start the zippers and then
twist the pad so the zipper is straight, then continue to zip the pad up completely.
6. Remove the factory front brace covers by sliding them off of the rear portion of the
front brace. Install the Rugged Ridge front brace covers.
7. CJs only: Use your finger and feel for the bolt hole the seat belt was bolted into, and
cut an “X” with the razor blade. Insert the bolt through this cut and start turning the
bolt by hand, then tighten with the ratchet. Repeat on the opposite side.
Wranglers only: Use your finger and feel for the bolt hole with windshield brace was
bolted into on the front side of the center hoop, and cut an “X” with the razor blade.
Tilt your windshield back up until the windshield brace meets the roll bar. Unzip the
roll bar pas enough to insert the bolt under the roll bar pad, then insert the bolt through
the cut and start turning the bolt by hand, then tighten with the ratchet. Repeat on the
8. Reinstall your soft top or hard top. Refer to the factory instructions.