1. Park the Jeep on a flat, level surface and set the parking brake.
2. Remove existing rear bumper and disconnect the rear sway bar where it bolts to the outside of the frame rails. Keep the OE hardware that attached the bumper to the frame rails, as some of it will be re-used.
3. With the help of a friend, pre-install the RockBrawlerTM rear bumper on to the Jeep. The bolt flange of the RockBrawlerTM bumper will mount between the outside of the frame rail and the sway bar bracket. Note that there are three bolt holes in the bolt flange on each side of the bumper. Two of these bolt holes will align with the stock bolt holes in the frame rail, where the sway bar bracket attaches. Use the OE hardware to secure the bumper in place using these two bolt locations on either side.
4. Use a felt-tip pen or 3/8 center punch to mark the location of the third bolt hole on the frame rail, for each side.
5. Look underneath the bumper, note that there are 4 bolt holes along the bottom surface of the bumper. The driver's side, outside hole will need to be marked to drill a corresponding hole in the crossmember that sits just behind it. Use a center-punch or fine-tip felt marker to mark the hole location. You may notice that the outside passenger side already has a hole through the crossmember. Disregard the two center holes.