1. Loosen hose clamps on both ends of air intake duct and remove duct. 2005 models have a teme (Photo A) Unclip the five clamps holding down air box lid and remove lid and filter element. Then, loosen three bolts in bottom of air box (Photo B) holding the nut inside the fender well with a 10mm wrench and remove box. Then using a 13mm socket, remove the two bolts holding strut rod and remove rod.
2. With 10mm socket extension and ratchet, remove bolt on radiator bracket (Photo C).
3. Install heat shield using the supplied nuts, bolts, and washers and tighten. Slide rubber grommet (also supplied) over strut rod, then slide strut rod through panel (Photo D). Replace bolts and tighten.
4. Install aFe Magnum Force Intake tube using straight coupler on throttle body side of intake tube. Then install 3” hump hose on heat shield. Slide intake tube into hump hose and bring tube down to meet throttle body. Slide straight coupler over throttle body and tighten coupler and hump hose with hose clamps (supplied). (Photo E)
5. Replace vent hose with supplied hose and clamps. Trim to length if necessary.
6. Install the edge trim seal on the filter housing. The trim is notched for the corner and the shorter 11” leg installs towards the radiator bracket.
Make sure all hoses & clamps are tight & all electrical connections are secure. Your installation is now complete. Place enclosed CARB EO sticker on a clean/smooth surface on or near the device. EO identification label is required in passing Smog Check inspection. Start your engine and check for unusual noises. If you have any questions in regards to this installation, please feel free to call our toll free support line.