11. Assemble the new Skyjacker rear extended sway bar links by applying grease to the metal sleeves & inserting them into each eye. Install using the OEM hardware. (See Arrow in Photo # 17)
12. Install the new Skyjacker rear shocks. (See Photo # 18)
13. Install the rear tires & lower the vehicle to the ground.
14. Tighten the rear track bar bolts on each end & the new bolt in the track bar relocation bracket.
WARNING: On the Jeep Wrangler TJ models, only the shock absorbers limit the extended position of the front & rear suspension! The use of shocks other than those supplied in this system, may cause coil disengagement, adverse steering angles, brake hose failure, driveline component failure, and/or other related component failure! The use of other shocks will void your Skyjacker® warranty!
• Check the clearance between the inner side wall of the tires & lower links. Note: It may be necessary to adjust the steering stops by adding 2-3 washers on the bolt to eliminate interference. (See Arrow in Photo # 19)
• Check the transfer case shifter to see if it will move to 4L. If not, the linkage will need adjusting as follows. Place the shifter in 4L, loosen the adjustment bolt ("A" Arrow in Photo # 20) & push the linkage ("B" Arrow in Photo # 20) forward until it stops. Now retighten the adjustment bolt. Check to be sure 4WD works properly.
• On 5 speed models, engage the clutch & check the transmission shifter to see if it will go fully into 2nd gear. If not, the shifter housing on the floor will need trimming. Remove center console, pull back the carpet, remove the screws holding the shifter boot to the floor & trim or grind the floor board (See Arrow in Photo #21) until sufficient clearance is obtained. Shift through each gear to check the clearance at this time. Now reinstall the shifter boot, carpet, & console.
• Front end realignment is necessary so after the lift is installed have a qualified alignment center realign the vehicle to factory specifications.
• Rotate the driveshafts & check for interference at the differential yoke & cardan joint. If necessary, lightly dress the casting(s) and/or U-joint tabs in order to eliminate binding.
• Ensure there is adequate clearance between the exhaust, brake lines, fuel lines, fuel tank, floor board, & wiring harnesses. Check the steering gear for interference & proper working order. Test the brake system before driving.