12. Temporarily install the Tramp Stamp using the supplied SS button head cap screws in the four nut-sert locations that were installed in the previous step. Make sure the Tramp StampTM still installs correctly aligned. If one or more of the nut-serts has “walked” off-center during installation, you may need to oblong the hole(s) slightly with a small rat-tail file. Coat the threads of the screws with anti-sieze compound before threading them in.
13. Use a 1/4” drill bit to drill the remaining mounting holes, using the Tramp StampTM as a drill guide. Be sure to also drill the two hinge holes at either side. Remove the Tramp StampTM.
14. In all but the hinge hole locations, drill the new 1/4” holes out to 25/64”, then proceed with installing the 1/4-20 nut-serts into these holes.
15. At the 4 hinge hole locations, drill these holes out to 1/2”. This will provide clearance for the nuts that holds the hinge to the Tramp StampTM.
16. Apply some touch-up paint to the bare metal around the edges of each of the holes just drilled, to provide future protection against rust.
17. Install the two hinges intothe corresponding holes along the top edge of the Tramp StampTM, using the supplied SS button head cap screws and lock nuts.
18. Re-Install the Tramp StampTM, using all of the provided hardware. If one or more of the nut-serts has “walked” off-center during installation, you may need to oblong the hole(s) slightly with a small rat-tail file.
19. Bolt the TrailGateTM to the hinges using the provided hardware. Take care to ensure that the TrailGateTM is properly aligned within the tailgate opening while tightening the hardware. There is a small amount of adjustment that may be made in the hinge bolts, if needed. If further adjustment is needed for proper alignment, oblong the holes slightly with a small rat-taile file.