21. Remove the masking tape from the front and rear fender flares.
22. Tighten all of the 1/4-20 X 3/4 flat head cap screws to no more that 10 ft./lbs.
23. Install the supplied 3/8-16 clip-nuts into the nut flanges along the bottom of the Body Armor Upper Piece. Make sure that the extruded barrel of the clip-nut points downward through the hole in the flange.
24. Use an 18mm wrench to remove the nuts and washers from the bottom of the body mounts below the rocker panels. There will be 3 such body mounts on a 4-door JK, and 2 on a 2-door. Set the nuts and washers aside, they will be re-installed later.
25. Hang the Brawler Rocker Lower Piece on the nut flanges of the Body Armor Upper Piece. Install a supplied 3/8-16 X 1 flat head cap screw at each end of the Brawler Rocker to temporarily hold the part in place. Leave these two fasteners loose at this time. The help of a friend, or the use of a floor jack to assist in holding the piece up may be helpful with this step.
26. Push the lower end of the Brawler Rocker Lower Piece upward so that the exposed ends of the body mount bolts slip through the corresponding slots on the Brawler Rocker. Reinstall the body mount washers and nuts, leaving them slightly loose at this time.
27. Install the remaining 3/8-16 X 1 flat head cap screws into the holes along the top surface of the Brawler Rocker Lower Piece.
28. Have a friend push against the Brawler Rocker Lower Piece, or use a pry-bar against a closely-placed stationary object, to snug the Lower Piece up against the side of the Body Armor Upper Piece.
29. Tighten all of the 3/8-16 X 1 flat head cap screws along the top of the Brawler Rocker Lower Piece, as well as the 2 or 3 body mount nuts underneath, while ensuring that the Brawler Rocker Lower Piece remains tight to the Body Armor Upper Piece. There should be no gap along the seam where the two pieces meet.
30. Repeat the procedure for the other side.