● When doing wiring work, strictly follow the cautionary points mentioned below. Incorrect or faulty wiring may cause the lamp to operate improperly. In some cases, it may cause the vehicle to catch fire.
● Before you begin always remove the (-) and ( ) terminals. Always remove the (-) terminal first and make sure a short does not occur.
● When removing the battery terminals, always turn the key to OFF and remove it. Turn all other electrical units off such as the light switch.
● When removing the battery terminals, if a cord (for an electrical unit) is connected, wind a length of vinyl tape around the (-) and ( ) terminals to clearly identify them.
● Verify the ( ) terminal (white) and earth (black) before connecting.
● Do not obtain ( ) voltage from the alternator.
● Obtain the ( ) current necessary for the switch from the ( ) current used for the light switch. (Do not use the same current used for a computer, radio or audio system)
● Install the switch harness in a position where it will not make contact with high temperature surfaces such as the engine, radiator or engine compartment.
● Arrange the switch harness so that it does not make contact with moving parts.
● Do not place the switch harness on high-voltage wires such as brake or air-conditioning wires.
● If the switch harness makes contact with a part of the engine, apply a length of ordinary cushioned tape around the harness. ● When connecting the connector, insert until you hear an audible “click”
● When removing the connector, hold the main body of the connector and pull it out. If excess force is used to pull the cord, it may damage the connection, which could cause it to overheat.
● Make sure the harness does not sag. Use a harness band of vinyl tape to secure it in place to wiring inside the engine compartment.
● Before connecting it to the battery, verify the wiring arrangement.
● When connecting the battery terminal and or other electrical units, do not mistake the (-) and ( ) terminals. Always start with the ( ) terminal.
● After all wiring is complete, confirm that it works properly. If it fails to activate, refer to “Troubleshooting” section of this manual.