4-Cyclone Base Kit Installation
1. Locate the factory rock rail (or side-step) mounting locations closest to each tire, and one-by-one, using a 13mm socket, remove the factory rail mount bolts.
2. Re-install factory rail mount bolt with Z-Step Bracket, with the lower step (below the plane of the rail mount bolt) positioned towards the center of the vehicle, away from the chassis bolts.
3. Using the supplied M10 bolt and split washer, attach a KC Cyclone LED to the lower step of the bracket, securely fastening it with the M10 nut and Cyclone wire leads directed towards the sub-frame of the vehicle.
Driver-Side Harness Installation
1. Find the harness labeled DRIVER SIDE and position it so the Positive ( ) terminal can be attached to the Busbar and Negative (-) terminal can access a common ground.
2. Run the harness along the firewall of vehicle, following the factory wire-loom over the steering column and down to the sub-frame of vehicle, between factory heat-wrap and chassis.
3. Connect bullet terminals from first lead to Cyclone behind front driver-side wheel.
4. Continue to run the harness along the sub-frame & hydraulic lines and connect bullet terminals from second lead to Cyclone in front of rear driver-side wheel.
5. Using wire ties, secure the harness along hydraulic lines on the sub-frame, making sure the harness is neatly tucked away.
6. Connect Power ( ) terminal to Busbar and Negative (-) terminal to common ground.
Passenger Side Harness Installation
1. Find the harness labeled PASSENGER SIDE and position it so the Positive ( ) terminal can be attached to the Busbar and Negative (-) terminal can access a common ground.
2. Following the factory wire-loom, run the harness down to the passenger-side of the vehicle along sub-frame.
3. Connect bullet terminals from first lead to Cyclone behind front passenger-side wheel.
4. Continue to run the harness along the factory wire-loom on the sub-frame.
5. Connect bullet terminals from second lead to Cyclone in front of rear passenger side wheel.
6. Using wire ties, secure the harness to the factory wire loom, making sure the harness is neatly tucked away.
7. Connect Power ( ) terminal to Busbar and Negative (-) to common ground.
Switch Harness Installation
1. REMOVE THE FUSE FROM THE YELLOW WIRE . . . Find a suitable location inside the passenger compartment for your switch. To use optional KC panel, mark and drill two 1/8” holes, insert screws and loosely install the panel to ensure fit. Remove panel, install switch, and slide panel with switch back in place. (Do not tighten. The panel and switch will be removed when attaching wires.)
2. Attach the ring terminal of the YELLOW wire to the positive side of the battery or 12V power source. Attach the ring terminal of the GREEN wire to one of the end terminals on the Busbar.
3. Route the other end of the YELLOW and GREEN wires of the harness along the factory wire loom, through the firewall and into the vehicle toward the switch. Once the wires are inside the vehicle near the switch, remove the panel with switch and attach the GREEN wire to the switch terminal marked LOAD. Attach the YELLOW wire to the switch terminal marked SUPPLY. Attach one end of the BROWN wire to the switch terminal marked EARTH and the other end to a good grounded metal surface under the dash. (use supplied screw if needed) Re-attach the panel with switch and tighten the screws.
4. Before replacing the fuse, ensure the switch is in the off position (see below). Replace the fuse and turn on your lights. (If adding the 2 rear rock lights, continue below before replacing the fuse.)