• These instructions are also available on our website; www.synergymfg.com.
Check the website before you begin for any updated instructions and additional
photos for your reference.
• This skid plate assembly is designed to be used along with the Poly Performance
5710 JK skid plate assembly or can be used with the stock cross member and skid
plates. We make no claims that this skid plate will work with any other aftermarket skid plates and is up the purchaser and installer to make it work.
• These installation instructions are for both 2 and 4 door JK models.
• We recommend that you perform this installation with a close to empty gas tank, or empty it before you drop the tank. A full fuel tank is very heavy.
1. Unpack the skid plate components from boxes, verify that all parts are intact and in
good condition. The following is a list of included components:
• (1) 5714-01 Skid plate
• (1) 5714-03 Rear inner bracket
• (1) 5714-04 Mid inner bracket (not used on 2 dr)
• (1) 5714-05 Front inner bracket (4 dr) or (1) 5713-01 (2 dr)
• (1) 5714-06 Rear outer bracket
• (2) 5714-07 Front and mid outer brackets (only 1 with 2 dr)
• (1) 5714-11 Stock cross member adapter
2. Read all the following steps before beginning installation. If you do not have the
proper tools or ability to install the components properly do not attempt installation.
Find a creditable, local shop to do the installation work.
3. Drain the gas from the tank if it’s not close to empty. You can do this by removing
the filler hose form the fuel tank and inserting a drain hose, it needs to be a small hose
because there is a flapper valve installed into the opening.
4. Remove the stock T-case skid plate or any aftermarket T-case skid plate
5. Loosen and remove the passenger side rear lower control arm bolt, pull the bolt out so it is flush with the inside of the lower control arm bracket