THE FOLLOWING ACCESSORIES ARE DESIGNED FOR USE WITH JK HALF DOORS:
Rugged Ridge Soft Upper Doors Front (part number 13711.15)
Rugged Ridge Soft Upper Doors Rear (part number 13712.15)
Rugged Ridge replacement JK Mirrors (part number 11002.21)
PAINTING INSTRUCTIONS FOR EXTERIOR DOOR SURFACE
Rugged Ridge Half Doors are designed to be painted or used as is. Painting will enhance the look of the doors while increasing the life of the product. Follow the instructions below for proper painting technique.
1. Remove door hinges before painting. Using painters tape, cover sections of door that should not be painted including the inner door panel and door latch.
2. Wet sand the surface of the exterior door panel with 400 grit wet sand paper to smooth the surface and remove any imperfections.
3. Use a mild detergent and clean cloth to clean and remove surface contaminants from the door panel. Be sure all cleaning agents have fully dried from the surface of the door before proceeding. Thorough cleaning of the entire surface of the exterior door panel is imperative to achieving a quality finish.
4. Apply adhesion promoter to the clean dry surface of the door. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for proper application and allow product to fully cure before proceeding.
5. Prime the surface using a primer formulated for plastics. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions and allow primer to fully dry.
6. Wet sand the door panel with 1000 grit wet sand paper until surface is smooth.
7. Wipe the door panel down with a wax and grease remover to remove any surface contaminants and let door panel dry completely.
8. Wipe clean dry surface of the door panel with a tack rag to remove any dust particles before applying top coat.
9. Apply top coat using automotive grade paint. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Apply multiple coats if necessary. Note: Applying a clear coat will improve finish and protect against wear and tear.
10. Let top coats dry completely. Wet sand the painted surface with 1500 grit wet sand paper followed by 3000 grit wet sand paper. Note: Polish and wax after wet sanding for optimum surface finish.