6. Plug the LED lamp fixture into the wiring harness pigtail, then check for operation by switching on turn signals, running lights, brakes. If you have not installed LED-specific flashers yet, the flash speed may be incorrect when checking turn signals at this point. If any light is not working properly, use a test light or meter to check continuity at each of the connections you made, and re-do as needed.
7. Secure any slack in the wiring harness with zip ties, split-loom, etc.
8. Install the LED light by either slipping it into the rubber grommet and pushing it into the hole (push-in style) or by attaching with screws (flange-mount style).
• On CJ8, additional inner wheel well removal is needed for flush-mount taillight install
• On ’03 and newer TJ’s, the passenger side taillight may need to be inverted to clear factory emissions equipment.
LED FLASHER INSTALLATION
LED’s require a special flasher module to provide the correct current resistance for the LED’s as opposed to the factory incandescent bulbs. If you install LED’s without the correct flasher, you will notice that your turn signals and flashers will blink at a faster rate.
The correct LED flasher for each year model Jeep will solve this problem, and is available separately from Poison Spyder Customs. Each LED flasher is an easy plug-in replacement for the factory flasher.
Locations for the stock flashers are as follows: 1976-96 CJ/YJ: Under dash
1997-2000 TJ: Underneath and to the right of the steering column, behind dash cover(s).
2001-06 TJ/LJ: On top of steering column, under steering column cover.
1. Remove any dash or column covers (TJ/LJ)
2. Unplug the flasher from the harness.
3. Install Poison Spyder LED Flasher into the stock flasher socket.
4. Check to ensure that all LED’s are working properly.
5. Replace any dash or column cover(s) that were removed in step 1.