Thank you very much for purchasing PIAA product. Read this instruction manual thoroughly for proper use of the product. After completing your installation, please keep this manual for future reference.
Please read the cautionary points before installation to ensure safe utilization of the product.
● The lamp becomes very hot when turned on. When parking your car near flammable items such as dried leaves, turn off the lamp as it may cause a fire.
● Do not look directly into the light for long periods. Doing so may cause eye irritation or visual impairment.
● The lamp and the switch harness are intended for automobile use. Do not use for any other purpose.
● This lamp is intended for use in rain (day or night), during foggy or snowy conditions where visibility is hampered. Do not use during normal driving conditions.
● Do not operate the switch while driving.
● If the lamp is kept on when the engine is not running, it may drain the battery.
● Make sure the lamp is installed securely before driving the vehicle. If a problem is found, fix it immediately.
● Check for any loose screws that hold the lamp in place before driving. If you find any loose screws or bolts (if a bracket is used), tighten them securely. If you notice a loose part while driving, inspect the section immediately and make the necessary adjustments.
● Avoid repeatedly turning the lamp off and on as it may reduce the overall life of the LED.
● Some vehicles produce a high voltage electric charge when the engine is started. Avoid loading extra voltage to lamps by turning the switch off when you start engine.
● Avoid needless disassembly of the lamp or the switch harness as it may cause it to fail.
● If the lamp and/or the switch harness is removed and set aside for safekeeping, wipe away all dust or grime and store in a place free of moisture.
● If the lens is cracked or damaged in any way, verify whether there is any damage to the harness. If there is any damage to the cord covering, replace it immediately.
● Avoid injury when replacing the harness and the switch harness. Please dispose of it as a non-combustible item.
Please read the installation procedures thoroughly beforehand.
● In order for the lamp to perform at its full potential, use the relay harnesses manufactured by PIAA.
● All work procedures should be carried out in a location with adequate space. Place the shift lever in neutral or in the parking position. Turn off the engine and set the parking brake.
● Make sure the engine compartment is adequately cool before starting work. Do not begin work if engine parts such as radiator, oil-cooler or turbo parts are still hot.
● Do not add additional holes to the main body of the lamp. Also, do not apply adhesives or stickers to the lamp parts.
● Do not modify the lamp harness or the switch harness in any way. Such modifications may cause it to overheat or short. In some cases, it may cause the vehicle to catch fire. PIAA will not be liable for damage caused by such modifications.
● When removing the battery terminals, do not touch the (-) and ( ) terminals simultaneously. An electrical shock may occur. Wear rubber gloves when carrying out such work procedures.
● Make sure the (-) and ( ) terminals do not make contact with metal. It can be extremely dangerous if a short occurs.
● Make sure all bolts are tightly secure. If there are any loose bolts tighten them accordingly.
● After installing the lamp, adjust the lamp so the beam shines at least 40m in front of the vehicle. Also, adjust the lamp a little toward the left so that it does not shine directly into the eyes of the opposing driver of a vehicle. (as traffic laws stipulate - refer to p.6 for adjustment procedures)
● After installing the lamp, make sure the headlamps, wipers and horn are working normally.
● When the battery terminal is removed, memory related to the clock, radio, audio system etc, will be affected. After all work procedures are completed, reset to the original settings. (For adjustment procedures refer to your car's instruction manual)
Caution Regarding Wiring / Please read thoroughly
● When installing the wiring harness, strictly follow the cautionary points mentioned below. Incorrect or faulty wiring may cause the lamp to operate improperly. In some cases, it may cause the vehicle to catch fire.
● Before you begin always remove the (-) and ( ) terminals. Always remove the (-) terminal first and make sure a short does not occur.
● When removing the battery terminals, always turn the key to OFF and remove it. Turn all other electrical units off such as the light switch.
● When removing the battery terminals, if a cord (for an electrical unit) is connected, wind a length of vinyl tape around the (-) and ( ) terminals to clearly identify them.
● Verify the ( ) terminal (white) and earth (black) before connecting.
● Do not obtain ( ) voltage from the alternator.
● Obtain the ( ) current necessary for the switch from the ( ) current used for the light switch. (Do not use the same current used for a computer, radio or audio system)
● Install the switch harness in a position where it will not make contact with high temperature surfaces such as the engine, radiator or engine compartment.
● Arrange the switch harness so that it does not make contact with moving parts.
● Do not place the switch harness on high-voltage wires such as brake or air-conditioning wires.
● If the switch harness makes contact with a part of the engine, apply a length of ordinary cushioned tape around the harness.
● When connecting the connector, insert until you hear an audible“ click”
● When removing the connector, hold the main body of the connector and pull it out. If excess force is used to pull the cord, it may damage the connection, which could cause it to overheat.
● Make sure the harness does not sag. Use a harness band of vinyl tape to secure it in place to wiring inside the engine compartment.
● Before connecting it to the battery, verify the wiring arrangement.
● When connecting the battery terminal and or other electrical units, do not mistake the (-) and ( ) terminals. Always start with the ( ) terminal.
● After all wiring is complete, confirm that it works properly. If it fails to activate, refer to“【4】Troubleshooting”section of this manual.