ExtremeTerrain’s Student Scholarships
>> 1 scholarship for $3,000 will be awarded twice a year to students who are pursuing a degree in Environmental Studies, Environmental Research, Land Use, Earth and Atmosphere Studies, Sustainable Land Management, Parks and Recreation, or Sustainable Agriculture Systems. One scholarship will be awarded for the fall semester and another for the spring semester each year.
- ExtremeTerrain is offering two $3,000 scholarships, one for the fall semester and one for the spring Semester to eligible students pursuing a degree in Environmental Studies, Environmental Research, Land Use, Earth and Atmosphere Studies, Sustainable Land Management, Parks and Recreation, or Sustainable Agriculture Systems.
- Students should submit a 700 – 1500 word essay to email@example.com that describes who you are, why you feel it is important to maintain access to public lands for recreational use and how you plan to use your degree to advocate for the recreational use of public lands. Essays should be submitted as a PDF or Microsoft Word document to be eligible for consideration and must also be accompanied with proof of current enrollment in an accredited United States college or university.
- Please submit your essay by 12:00PM EST on October 15th in order to be eligible for the spring semester scholarship and by June 15th to be eligible for the fall semester scholarship. The winner of the spring semester will be selected by November 15th and the fall semester winner will be selected by July 15th.
- This opportunity is offered every year and submissions are open and encouraged for the spring and fall semesters.
- Scholarship payment will be sent directly to the winner’s school as a tuition payment.
Who Is Eligible?
- Students who are pursuing a degree in Environmental Studies, Environmental Research, Land Use, Earth & Atmosphere Studies, Sustainable Land Management, Parks and Recreation, Sustainable Agriculture Systems. Proof of enrollment is required along with submission. Any questions or clarification of what constitutes proof of enrollment can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ExtremeTerrain Scholarships are non-renewable, however previous winners who are still eligible may submit a new essay that follows the same criteria. Entries are limited to one essay per student each semester.
- The goal of the ExtremeTerrain Scholarship program is to raise more awareness for the recreational use of public lands as it is an important issue to us at ExtremeTerrain and our customers. At the same time we support youth who are working towards a career in the environmental/recreational land use planning/land management industry, which in larger supports the movement to maintain recreational access to public lands. ExtremeTerrain places an emphasis on community awareness and environmental awareness and supports those who hold the same value system.
Who We Are
- Originating in the early 2000’s as a web retailer of Jeep parts, ExtremeTerrain is now a subsidiary company of Turn5, Inc. In 2012, ExtremeTerrain refocused the company’s goals to be one of the largest web retailers of Jeep Wrangler parts while also having increased community involvement.
- ExtremeTerrain is comprised of Jeep Wrangler enthusiasts who value the Jeep culture as well as the preservation of public lands. By investing in students and communities that share our sentiments on land preservation, ExtremeTerrain is investing in the future of not just Jeep culture, but also the future of our sacred public lands.
- ExtremeTerrain is headquartered just outside of Philadelphia, PA with an office and warehouse that allows us to meet our customer’s needs.
Congratulations to the following Scholarship Award winners!
Christian Gallegos-Alarcon of University of California Santa Barbara
Kristin Murphy of Duke University
By submitting an entry to ExtremeTerrain’s Scholarship program, you transfer all rights and ownership of submitted content to ExtremeTerrain, regardless of whether your entry is selected as a winner. ExtremeTerrain and Turn5, Inc. reserve the right to publish portions of submitted work at the conclusion of the entry period in whatever manner ExtremeTerrain sees fit. Selections of winning submissions are entirely at the discretion of ExtremeTerrain selection panel. Winner(s) will be contacted by ExtremeTerrain via the email address used for submission. Winner(s) will be confirmed ONLY after providing proof of enrollment in the form of a copy of a tuition bill OR letter of proof from the accredited United States college or university at which the winner(s) is enrolled. Upon confirmation of enrollment, winners will be publicly announced by ExtremeTerrain and will have their tuition reimbursement either mailed directly to the school, or to the student directed as a tuition payment to the school. If less than four eligible submissions are received by the closing date, ExtremeTerrain reserves the right to cancel the ExtremeTerrain Scholarship Program for that semester. For additional questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com.