Installation Time: Less than 1 Hour
May 03, 2019
Works great, but not quite "perfect"
Had it on for about a month now, and it's been great.
No leaks at all so far, even though with some of the gaps I thought I would have an issue.
Install wasn't too bad. It did take me about an hour, but only because I ran into a couple issues. The side bolts were indeed a PITA to get to catch the threads. I had to stand inside on the seats and really push down on the side rails to get them to catch. Then there was an issue with the left mushroom knob nut-cert. There are little wire retention clips that I think are to hold the bolt in place while pushing them in. This one was bent in a little too much and was blocking the bolt from going into the nut-cert all together. I had to use a pair of needle nose to gently bend it back from the hole a little. Just enough to get the bolt in.
I snugged down the side bolts to where they are tight, but I didn't crank on them to much. The mushroom knobs seemed more difficult to gauge how tight is too tight. I didn't want to tighten all the way "gorilla tight" (like with freedom tops). So, I went tight and then backed off a little.
Definitely quite a bit noisier. I've only had the hardtop on, and have the BedRug headliner kit (pretty thick foam) and it's generally very quiet inside. So, I expected the extra noise. No wind leaks along the front seam. At least not that I could feel.
One observation/gripe... there is very little clearance between the front latches and the windshield header. Have to use the very tips of fingers to pull the latches open, and the edge is pretty sharp so it isn't all that comfortable. I put some black KT on the edge and that helped it out quite a bit. Some kind of indentation on the latch (or flare them out a little) that allowed for more of a finger grip would be a good improvement. This may also help the latches clear the visors without having to pop them out and move them out of the way.